Friends of Lucy’s Mill Bridge Charity Bike Ride and Walk.
11th April commencing 9.30 a.m.
Join us on Saturday the 11th April 2015 starting between 9.30.a.m. and 12 noon for the Lucy’s Mill Bridge Charity Bike and Walk event. This event is to raise awareness of Lucy’s Mill Bridge access problems and you can also raise funds for a charity of your choice.
The attendance fee of £5, £3, or £2 (see below) is to cover the cost of using the “Greenway, public liability insurance and first aid cover”.
The ride will start and finish at
The Tramway Inn, Shipston Road, Stratford-upon Avon. CV37 7LW.
Map for start point. Route maps below.
The route is approximately 7 miles and predominantly the Greenway path. The route also incorporates some steps, and a footbridge. The course is primarily a gravel surface and is not be suitable for racing style bikes.
Marshals will be on hand to facilitate your progress and lend a hand on the steps at the Old Tramway and also at each side of Lucy’s Mill Bridge.
You don’t have to be an experienced rider. As long as you enjoy riding a bike and walking, then come and join us.
This is not a race, but you do need to be in good health take part. Of course you can set yourself targets, but most importantly enjoy the ride or walk, take in the scenery and savour the atmosphere!
If you are over 5 years old but under the age of 18 and wish to take part, you will require parental consent and accompanied by an adult during the ride/walk.
Registration fees are £5.00 per adult £3.00 for the over 55s and £2.00 for individuals under the age of 18yrs.
Start is at 9:30 am and last start is at 12:00 noon. It takes about 2 hours in total to walk the distance there and back at average walking pace.
To register your entry, please complete an Entry Form. Online entries closed. Please register on the day at The Old Tramway Inn from 9:30 to 12:00.
Download a form for your Charity Collections here – Bike-Ride-2015-Sponsor-Form-Rules
Additional entry forms may be obtained from the contact below.
Do I receive confirmation of my registering?
– There is a thank you message but a confirmation email will be arranged for new sign ups.
There was no provision for me to pay on line. Do I pay on Saturday when we join the Ride?
– Yes, please pay on Saturday at Registration desk at the Old Tramway Inn. All online applications will be printed and ready at registration desk.
Does one have to collect for a charity, or can we just join the Ride?
– No. This is optiona for each person but it could be a good opportunity to raise some funds for a charity of your choice.
Do we gather in the carpark of the Tramway Inn?
– Yes. The start is at The Old Tramway Inn and people set off when they are ready.
How do we get from the Tramway Inn to the recreation ground?
– There are steps at the end of the Old Tramway Inn garden leading up to to the tramway pathway. There will be helpers at the steps if help is needed.
Is there a route map?
– Yes and maps added below.
Will there be helpers at steps?
– Yes. There will be helpers at the Old Tramway Inn steps and on both sides of Lucy’s Mill Bridge as well.
Is there medical support?
– We also have medical support people on standby in case of need.
Any questions please email Enquiries@lucysmillbridge.co.uk and we will get back to you asap.
We hope to see you there for a great day!
The Friends of Lucy’s Mill Bridge
33 Saffron Meadow
Stratford upon Avon
Enquiries 07901 257268
Old Tramway Inn to start of Greenway
Full Route Old Tramway Inn to Milcote Crossing