Objectives of Friends of Lucy’s Mill Bridge
The promotion for the benefit of the public of urban or rural regeneration in Stratford-upon-Avon and the surrounding area by all or any of the following means:
- the maintenance, improvement or provision of Public amenities.
- the preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance.
- the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, disability, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities.
This charitable objective is written in a format for the Charities Commission, however the main objective is to raise funds for a new architects review to present to the Warwick District Council for them to take in to consideration during their next review of Lucy’s Mill Bridge access upgrades.
The Charity will initially focus on Lucy’s Mill Footbridge and will:
- lobby the local authorities responsible for the upkeep of the footbridge;
- commission and finance a feasibility study to establish whether a replacement bridge to current building regulations suitable for all users can be realistically built within the footprint of land currently owned by the relevant local authority; and
- if a replacement bridge is feasible, work alongside the local authorities to raise the necessary funds to construct the replacement bridge.
The initial fundraising target is £15,000. This is the budget for an independent, professional architects review.
Funds will be raised by voluntary contributions from the Public, either at coffee mornings, or by direct donations to the Friends of Lucy’s Mill Bridge. Funds are also being sought from local businesses and the Stratford Town Council has also made a funding contribution.